Thursday, April 6, 2017

SA:On the Road: The 9th Hour World Tour: Europe 2017 week six:

Monday 27.3. Off-day / Manchester, UK
Started the week with an off-day. Spent most of the day just resting in my room,
went out to eat at some point but that was about it. Luckily there’s only 2 off-days
left on this tour because most of the time, these are just plain boring and pointless, 
at least for me. We got 3 stretches left. First 2 shows in a row (with a lovely ferryride in between) and then 3 in a row…and the last one will be a streak of 6 shows which will end in Gothenburg, Sweden.

Tuesday 28.3. Wolverhampton, UK
On this last day in the UK we headed out to a pub for dinner, hang around the venue
and eventually got around to do the show. One of our fans proposed to his girlfriend
during the show, everything went well and I wish them the best of luck…and she said
yes , how could she not ?  After the show it was time to head to the ferry.

Wednesday 29.3. Lille, France
I thought I was going to be woked up to get out of the bus but that didn’t happend so I just slept right through the ferry-ride, of course I woke up for some minor bumps and what have you but not enough to actually get out of bed. Anyways, back to the mainland and the last show in France on this tour. This was a rather normal day, in a place we’ve been to many times before.

Thursday 30.3. Off-day / Aschaffenburg, Germany
Stayed at a nice hotel outside of the city. Really great weather and nice views, I walked down to the city and around for a bit. The rest of the day was just spent chilling and enjoying the sun.

Friday 31.3. Aschaffenburg, Germany 
During the day I went to the media markt and got some new headphones, then just hung around until the show. We could get to the venue with the buses so I tried to take a nap on one of the couches backstage and it kind of worked ;-) The show was a very hot one but it went rather well.  

Saturday 1.4. Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Once again , old places and new faces ;-) I went out for a walk with some of the TS guys in the afternoon, got some stuff for my kids and then spent the rest of the day
at the venue. We had a short meet & greet in the afternoon and I did an interview as well. Nice and easy….of course I had to prank the guys a bit since it was April fools day so just before Fairytale I whipped out a Donald Trump - mask and used it during the song, it was a bit difficult to play the tune since I couldn’t see shit but it was totally worth it.

Sunday 2.4. Utrecht, The Netherlands
Another really nice venue and an easy day….quite uneventful actually. I had a massage in the afternoon which was really relaxing…and the food was amazing as
always.

cheers,

Henkka

3 comments:

  1. ha, that explains the Trump mask. Thought it was a thing you did during the song anyways but i haven't seen/heard anything about it before. It caused quite a giggle. :P Too bad the meet&greet was so short. I did see you flip trough my book though. ;) Have you had a chance to read it yet? Would love to hear what you guys think of the story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did flip through your book but didn't have the time to read it yet, at the moment Tony has it...the book I mean, not the Trump mask.

      Delete
  2. Hey I'm the guy who proposed at your Wolverhampton show. I just wanted to say thanks again, it meant so much to us both for me to be able to propose with you guys there. Your music is a huge part of our relationship and we spend a lot of evenings learning and playing your songs together. Just wanted to give you my thanks again, was amazing seeing you so many times while you were in the UK. Can't wait for you to come back again!

    ReplyDelete